window treatments are all but killing me..

13 days until move in. It's coming fast but excruciatingly slow. I haven't slept in three nights and I think window treatments are to blame. I'm not kidding ;)

 I was going to get some gorgeous linen drapes from Restoration Hardware and call it a day.



and then I stood in the house and took in the view. I don't want anything interfering with or covering up that view. I joked to Kevin that I was going to buy Ikeas cheap roller blind and just pull them down at night. I think he probably did a little jump for joy.. $3000 for window coverings down to a under a hundred dollars..sweet!! Ha ha.. oh not that fast sweety..
RH it turns out has a really lovely custom blind option. But the problem with that is a. I've left it waaay to late to have them made and delivered by the 15th. and b. it feels too minimalist. I feel like once the furniture is in it's going to need drapes.  But then if I do drapes I want RH's and dang that's expensive. But they would probably get here in time. So round and round and round I go.


This is our bedroom..I'm having the same argument with myself over these windows too..


What oh what should I do?! If this was your house I would have a firm smart great idea as soon as I looked at them.. but because it's mine.. sigh. I just want to sleep tonight... S


design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment