let's talk about this for real..

It was just the other day I was having a chat with my dear blogging friend Marianne and we were chatting about, well, how sometimes people make their lives out to be one big perfect picture. Between facebook statuses, twitter, blogging.. it's hard to keep up to all this perfection. I know of a few people on my facebook friends list that 'say' their life is a big bowl of cherries, but because I know them really well, I know it's the exact opposite and that's just what they want us all to think. Sad isn't it?! This quote is so so true that I think about it all the time.

 A few months ago as we were moving my Mom to Calgary to be with us after my Dad died, we stopped at a favorite store that is full of quartz and crystals and healing rocks and all that fabulous natural stuff.. well there happened to be a medium ( you know like the ones on TV ) and she started chatting with me and my Mom. It was NUTS the stuff she knew about us. She said to me," people think they know you, but they have no idea." Hmm.. at the time I couldn't think of what this meant. A few days later, I realized she meant us. me and you. I put myself out there to you all, and of course I give you only the details I want to, so we know each other but you may not really KNOW me. Crazy right?! So true. So here's me..I thought you might like to know :)

 I'm 35, have two girls, Calleigh 7 and Lauren 5. I'm married to the best guy. He gets me, loves me and puts up with me. We laugh, we fight and we love each other no matter what. Since the day we met, we've been inseparable. Being a Mom is the hardest thing I've ever done. Plain and simple. I love my girls but oh my god do they make me crazy. I'm impatient, sensitive and don't like being told what to do. I like to be the planner. I love my job. Alot. Being able this past year to work from home doing what I love is incredible. Kevin and I joke that I live a life of leisure. I have to say that my life is pretty stress free. For years and years we both worked alot and late and different shifts, so to be able to spend more family time now is incredible and I know I'm lucky. I think of every design client I have as a friend. By the time we are done, we are :) I value and am honored that each one of you has put your home in my hands. I love working with you. I think I share real life with you on my blog, and if I'm ever showy or anything like that it's SO not my intention. I can't stand reading blogs that have authors so full of themselves. I love my blog and being able to connect with you all, and the fact that you all come back means alot. Hmm.. what else.. I annoy Kevin with how much I need our home to be set. Everything has a place and you better believe it needs to stay there or go back there. I can't help it. Working from home means home needs to be in it's place before I can sit down and work. We have few friends but the ones we have are gold. We'll all grow old together. I love sleep. I was so sleep deprived for so many years because of the girls, so if I don't get it I completely shut down. I've suffered with migraines for 3 years. They get under control and then flare up again. I am gluten free, dairy free, peanut free, pop free, no white sugar and down to one cup of coffee a day. I have given up alot of shit and resent it like mad. Well I used to. Not so much anymore ;) I'll be honest with you about things I want, things I may have worked my ass off to afford.. when we sell this house we are paying off our debt. We will be debt free and you better believe we are going to stay that way. Ok, well aside from a mortgage and one car payment :) We started budgeting this year and using just cash. It's an incredibly easy and fabulous way to live. Things have to mean alot to have to part with cash to get them. Calleigh is as smart as a whip and I'm so proud of her. Lauren has asthma and allergies and she's grown as a little person so much this year in Kindergarten. She wants to keep up to her sister so badly. I love them with my whole heart. Seeing them sleep is my favorite thing in the world. I still check that they are breathing before I can go to sleep at night.

I've been lucky, death has never really affected our family. This past year I lost my Dad suddenly and unexpectedly, and lost my Papa and Nana. Good god.

Ok, phew.. if you read all this, again thanks. When you stop by, know it's just me here, and I'm just like you. My kiddo is probably having a fit over something I said no to too :) xoxo S


design philosophy | providing a foundation to grow and alter through the years, I keep the core basic and layer in the current, creating a room that is innately yours. I believe great interiors are not found in one shop. I know you should feel a sense of calm in your space as well as balance, and revel in that gut feeling that it’s the right fit. DESIGN SERVICES start at only 10.00. See Sarah Swanson Design at the top left of this blog!

0 comments:

Post a Comment