How to cozy up a queen size bed ( for a 4 year old )

Both of our girls have big beds. Not because we wanted them to have gargantuan beds for their size. They out grew their cribs, and as we transitioned to our king, we had spare beds ( and honestly with little little kids, not too many overnight guests ;)

I want both my kids to be cozy in their rooms. I have always been a firm believer in calm spaces for bedtime. I like a great comfortable bed to go to sleep on, of course a child will too! But I found trying to make a big bed suitable for a little one takes some layers.. to shrink it.. here's Calleighs start to finish-
I don't have a spec of bedding in this house that is a set, other than plain sheets. So our rooms evolve and switch around. Calleigh has a plain white fitted sheet, I don't use a flat sheet for her.. too much to get tangled. I start by folding a white blanket near the bottom and tuck it in-


then a soft pink blanket folded and set on top-

add a fluffy down alternative duvet ( I can't risk feathers with Laurens asthma! ) I fold it and place it in the middle of the bed. This shrinks it down-

2 pillows in quilted shams

another texture, velvet and linen pillow

a few tiny little pillows that get some serious playtime ( ! with barbies, dolls... )

and there it is, a cosy small place for kids-

Happy weekend! xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment