room feature, Paula of Two Ellie

I just adore Paula. We meet such amazing people through blogging, and this girl and I just hit it off -she's sweet, genuine, and talented. She's a mom of two like me, and has amazing style. We both like a great find, and for a room to grow over time with the right pieces at the right price.
I asked Paula if she would share a room in her home with us, and she did. Enjoy her gorgeous living room filled with unique, personal and beautiful pieces. I just love it-

( are you dying with me over the sofa, and chairs.. oh the stool, rug and photography... )




I was quite humbled when Sarah asked if she could feature one of my rooms on her blog. I just adore her style and blog. Her request really could not have come at a more perfect time, I just got finished putting a few finishing touches on our living room. First off I would like to say my style taste exceeds our budget so it makes me have to get creative and find deals like no other. I think the hunt adds to the look of the room though. It took some time, but finally after three years of being in this home this room is done. Well, as done as I will ever get as I do like change.


Room details -

sofa by Rowe was found at Z.Gallerie on a huge discount. It seems the a lady returned it that day and the shop just had to get rid of it. It was still in new condition. I still see it in specialty shops with double the price.

The pillow covers are from Pottery Barn on sale of course.

Chairs are from At Home here in Alabama for $99.00 a piece. Love knowing I could sell them today for more if I felt so inclined.

The white side table is an old typing desk ($10) that I bought at a yard sale and painted.

Table lamp from Target about 5 years ago. Tall lamp on clearance at Pier One for $60 I believe.

White marble coffee table was my first antique piece. I bought it in college for $250.

Ikea Ribba frames hold a photo done by my husband. It's one of our favorite spots.

Corbels ($15), industrial stool ($50), and birds ($2 a piece) were all finds at Home Goods. (discount Home shop)

Sea urchins vases on coffee table are from Tracery Interiors shop. 20% off. The book they sat on was from our honeymoon in Savannah, ga.

The art was done by a dear friend for a wedding gift.

Pottery is Peter's pottery.

Jute rug from Pier One for $25, I believe.

Cow hide rug a recent craigslist find for $100.



Thank you Paula! xx

and if for some reason you haven't met her.. visit Two Ellie here

0 comments:

Post a Comment