[project] turning an unused closet into a great workspace

When we moved into this house, we took our unused back door closet and added shelving..it was the perfect place to store all the girls toys, everything had a home. The basement has been finished with a playroom for them for about a year and a half..so we've had a closet filled with, well, random stuff. Pointless..


So out came the shelves, I filled holes, sanded and painted. We bought kitchen cabinets and a counter top from IKEA, and turned an unused space into..


a workspace! It's just off the kitchen, has a ton of storage in the cabinets for all my paper products, paints and inspiration files. I added the gold knobs ( $2.00 from Home Depot, I used them on this project too )


I painted a new piece, that I'm thinking about adding similar to GALLERY WALL.. what do you think?!


I've heard fiddle leaf fig plants can be temperamental..but I'm going to try my luck-


We did the whole project in one day.. well, we actually did two of them, hubs has the same workspace downstairs now.


It makes me so happy to add more usable space to our not very big house..


I think I'll be spending just a bit of time here... x

E DESIGN ( design/ inspiration board via email after lots of on line discussion ) is the perfect option to help you design from scratch, update or finish a room! To see all the details visit Sarah Swanson Design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment